In our area
Banhoek Lodge is located in the majestic Banhoek Valley, near the picturesque town of Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa. Our lodge is surrounded by a number of world-renowned attractions and facilities. Our location in the valley allows our guests to travel and explore its gems.
Things to do around the Banhoek Valley (pronounced bun-hook)
You are now just about 396 m above sea level. Due to its micro climate the Banhoek Valley is regarded as a distinct wine region within South Africa.
- Walking and Wining Farm Hike
- Stellenbosch/Franschhoek Wine Tours
- Bicycle hire and/or guided mountain bike tours for beginners or the skilled
- Guided tours
- Stroll through Babylonstoren’s 200-hectare organic gardens on the other side of the Simonsberg Mountain.
- Set foot in the original Pniël farmhouse – circa 1785. Pniël Museum accepts any donations and is driven by the locals from this community.
- Visit the Huguenot Chocolate factory in Franschhoek and eat as much as you can.
- Take a jog on the Zevenrivieren road (5 km)
- Hike in the Jonkershoek Nature reserve to some beautiful waterfalls.
- Visit L'ormarins motor car museum with an immaculate display of vintage and new cars. “A must for any car enthusiast”
- Tea tasting (1 hour) at Anthonij Rupert Wine Estate.
- Go for a wine tasting on Horseback in Franschhoek or Stellenbosch.
- Local Restaurants/Deli’s
- Tokara Restaurant
- Tokara Deli
- Boschendal Werf Restaurant
- Boschendal Deli
- Boschendal Picnics!!
- Delaire Graff Restaurant
- Indochine Restaurant (Asian fusion)
- Le Pommier Restaurant/Wine Tasting
- Zorgvliet Deli/Picnics
- Hillcrest Berry Farm
- Bartinney (tasting shed and tapas)
- Camberley Café Pavé
We will happily assist with organizing any of the above. It is advisable that bookings be made in advance.